i love him dearly... but i don't understand.
there are people who think gender is a construct and that it can't be proved.
what do you say to this?
i also have some of the best conversations with a unitarian universalist and an agnostic.
i also enjoy grad school because you do a lot of work over food. today it was pizza, salad and Stella's beer (which is quite good!).
i also (this is my last "i also") am ready to pay the $250 cancellation fee and get an iPhone. it's getting cold (and sometimes a little scary) to sit at bus/train stops for 30-40 minutes and not know what's the best way out.
today, i have a social policy and welfare class that i get extremely intimidated in (lots of smart, outspoken people). but i gave a presentation today (opening with Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire"... I played it because it related and because the discussion right before my presentation was about faith-based organizations, abortion and government monies and the tension in the room was unbearable... Billy comes through every time). And as I was up there, I jumped right into teacher/youth pastor mode and felt quite at home, alive and the class really loved it... I was reminded that I can't forget about that part of me...
i just noticed that i went from doing all lowercase letters to proper capitalization. i guess my inherent need for proper punctuation and grammar will always surpass style.

hey leah,
ReplyDeletehope all is well. somewhere along the way I stumbled on your blog recently...so you've got a subscriber in me! hope all is well in Chi-town! sounds like you're pondering some tough questions. some of those are tough questions that i've wondered how i would answer, too. good luck, and let me know if you come up with something!
scott!!!
ReplyDeleteso good to hear from you! i'm so glad you stumbled upon my blog! yes, there's lots of tough questions. i'm not even sure where to start... so i'll let you know when i find out... but it may not be for years!