Saturday, February 6, 2010

DSM-IV

293.0
delirium due to a general medical condition
substance intoxication delirium
substance withdrawal delirium
substance-induced delirium
delirium due to multiple etiologies
delirium not otherwise specified

now, you must make sure it is distinguished from...

brief psychotic disorder
schizophrenia
schizophreniform disorder
other psychotic disorders
mood disorders with psychotic features
mood disorders
anxiety disorders
acute stress disorder
malingering
factitious disorder

and

cognitive disorder not otherwise specified.


...

this makes me... delirious.

...

and amazed at the capacity of human cognition. so complex that even brilliant people can't explain it.

...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, very true. I have to admit; it's also a bit fun. Kind of like a puzzle.

    Jake has been reading quotations from college, and he just found one that I said once. You should try to take this in the best way possible. :)

    Me: "If there was a girl that I wish was a guy so that I could date him, it would be Leah."

    ReplyDelete
  2. elizabeth:

    - agreed that it is a fun puzzle!

    - i am honored by your quote and i actually think i remember you saying this to me! bummer you had to settle for jake, but i'm sure you've gotten used to it by now ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete