Friday, March 26, 2010

failed

for lent, i have attempted to give up facebook and gmail chat.

while abstaining from gmail chat has been a success, facebook abstinence is not.

-sigh- i don't like failure very much.


. . .

i would really like some scrambled eggs right now, but i don't know how to make them.  i have been taught several times, but i cannot remember the steps.  i could look it up on the internet, but i would rather shower.  isn't it silly that i don't know how to make scrambled eggs properly? :)

5 comments:

  1. I'll admit, it is a little silly to me that you don't know how to make scrambled eggs. I can save you the "looking it up on the internet" step if you like:
    Beat some eggs in a bowl with a whisk or a fork. Cook them in a frying pan on the stove, stirring them occasionally (otherwise you'll have an omelet instead of "scrambled" eggs) until they're done.

    I usually add a dash of milk to the beaten eggs before I cook them. It makes 'em a little fluffier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is silly!!!

    i blame it on these things:

    - creative ingenuity: i learned how to make an egg over hard in the microwave, which takes 1 minute & 30 seconds, including prep time. much quicker than the scramble method.

    - selfish friends: everyone i know loves to make scrambled eggs, so i graciously let them do it when we want to eat it.

    - fear of the rapture.

    hopefully you are sensing my sarcasm :)

    ANYWAY, thanks for the assistance!! another reader has suggested adding vegetables somewhere in the process. i will let you know when i make them successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "fear of the rapture" comment made me laugh fairly hard... out loud... in the seminary library... and I received dirty looks. I thought about saying, "You're all Christians! Give a guy a break!" but they looked like they were probably working very hard on papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally would have glared at you if I were in the library at that point... and I've already graduated.

    p.s. Leah, I laughed real hard at the same comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am loving the visual of this moment. jake cracking up in the library. liz glaring at him. then they both crack up. guffawing so outrageously that they fall from their seats and roll on the floor. then the librarian throws them out. right outside the entrance, they both shake the dust off their feet.

    ReplyDelete